10 Aug 5 Steps To Treat Jock Itch
If you’re yearning to scratch, follow these simple steps to treat a nasty case of jock itch:
- Keep the skin clean and dry. Use a clean towel and wash it after each use.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothing on the infected area, like cotton boxers and pants.
- Apply topical over-the-counter antifungal creams, powders or sprays.
- Most of these antifungal medications fall into two categories: allylamines or azoles. Allylamines work faster.
- If over-the-counter medicine isn’t strong enough, call your doctor and get an appointment for a prescription. Doc can offer you stronger topical medicine or oral meds.
When you get jock itch, treat it like athlete’s foot. It’s a fungus that thrives in moist environments. Refrain from scratching yourself. Make sure you shower often using a mild soap. Keep your groin area clean. Wash your bike supporter often. Don’t keep sweaty clothes around—wash them immediately.