09 Aug 6 Proper Head Shaving Techniques
- Be patient and remember to take your time.
- I always like to start with the front of the head where the hair is lighter and thinner.
- Always shave the coarser and thicker areas last, so the product lubricant has more time to absorb and the hair becomes softer.
- When shaving the sides of your head, regardless of the direction, remember to hold your razor at a 90-degree angle.
- Use your free hand to hold down your ear when shaving behind your ears.
- When you get to the back of your head, use upward strokes and take your time. Use a mirror if need be; this’ll allow you to easily maneuver the razor over the ridges and valleys back there.
Get a handheld mirror. Use it to see the back of your head and examine for different things, like moles, that are prone to getting cut.