08 Sep BASIC MEN’S PACKING TIPS
Posted at 17:06h in Travel
image credit craphound.com
- When packing your suitcase, roll up your T-Shirts, jeans, and other light casual wear including bathing suits and work out gear – by rolling it, we mean like a cigar. This saves a lot of room, keeps your T-shirts from getting wrinkled, and also allows you to survey exactly what pants you’ve brought.
image credit howcast.com
- Speaking of pants, for efficiency, pack all of your pants on top of each other—layer them and fold them lengthwise on top of each other.
- When packing dress shirts or any jacket with buttons or zippers, take care to fasten every button and zip everything up.
- Years ago, a girlfriend of mine taught me to start saving my dry cleaning bags a couple of weeks before traveling and to begin dividing everything into separate bags. Not only does this help to organize and protect your clothes, but it prevents fabrics from forming hard creases or wrinkles. During the trip, the bags pull double duty as a great way for separating dirty laundry from clean clothes.
image credit ties.com
- Pack a pair of socks into each of your shoes – this trick helps your kicks keep their shape. Also, place your shoes in plastic bags, which saves space and prevents them from touching your clean clothing.
- Place bulkier items, like suits and jackets, at the bottom of the bag face down; pack the lighter items and the things you will first change into when you arrive at the top. This way, you don’t have to dig through your suitcase looking for that one T-shirt, wreaking havoc and wrinkling everything in the process.
- When all is said and done, take a moment before you zip your suitcase shut and ask yourself, “What can I take out that I probably won’t use?” I bet you’ve over-packed many times before (we’re all guilty of it) and by at the end of the trip, you realize you didn’t wear half the crap you brought. Taking the time to pack with a purpose will prevent the clothes you did want to wear from wrinkling. Plus, who wants to lug excess shit through the airport when you don’t have to?