10 Aug How To Groom Your Beard in 7 Steps
- Study your jawline and guide the comb through the hair. Use grooming scissors to trim any hair outside the comb’s teeth.
- Begin trimming but only cut a little length at a time. You can always cut more off, but you can’t put any hair back on.
- Use the larger attachments on the trimmers first. For longer hair, start with the higher setting on the trimmer so you don’t accidently erase four weeks of growth.
- Run the trimmer up from the bottom to create a ridge that’ll be trimmed later. Do this until the hair is too short for the trimmer to cut.
- If you’re using scissors, clippers, or a beard trimmer, start up by the ear on either side and trim downward to the chin.
- Repeat this on both sides. This will give more balance to your face.
- Now that you’ve groomed your beard, make sure you maintain the details of your beard.
The easiest way to fuck this up is doing it at the wrong time. What do I mean? Well, when you’re not in the mood, or when it’s a chore, or when it feels tedious to you. The first time you ever groom your beard you take your time, but as you get more comfortable, you may start to rush and that’s when the mistakes happen. Always take your time.