08 Aug How To Prevent Fine Lines Around The Eyes
Posted at 21:30h in Skin Care
- Your genetics and past behavior (spending too much time in the sun) contribute to fine lines around your eyes.
- As we age, our skin loses its elasticity, which can cause swelling around the eyes.
- Wear sunscreen. It helps prevent wrinkles while also protecting you from skin cancer.
- Don’t smoke. It releases an enzyme that breaks down collagen and elastin (connective tissue) and ultimately makes your skin thinner.
- Get plenty of sleep. When you’re lacking a good night’s rest, your body starts producing the wrong hormones that break down skin cells. When get into a consistent sleep pattern, you’ll notice that the skin remains thick and more elastic. It’s also less likely to wrinkle.
- Don’t squint. Squinting makes you look less confident and confused, and it also overworks the muscles in your face, forming grooves below the skin’s surface. If it’s sunny, wear sunglasses instead of squinting. Shades will protect the skin around your eyes from harmful sunrays.
- When you sleep on your stomach, you may wake up and notice lines and wrinkles on your face. If you think it’s just from sleeping hard, you’re wrong. Those sleep lines get imprinted on the surface of your skin and this increases wrinkles on your cheeks, chin, and skin around your eyes. Sleep on your back, man.
Sleep is super important here! The right amount of sleep balances everything in your skin. Make sure you’re getting between eight and nine hours every night.