01 Sep KID FRIENDLY TORTILLAS
We know with kids, you don’t have any extra time. So we made this as simple as possible:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 tablespoons lard or vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (approximate)
1. Mix all dry ingredients well (you can use hands). Then add wet ingredients. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
2. To roll out, start by flouring a dry surface. Tear off small pieces of dough and roll them into balls with the palms of your hands. Then, roll each ball with a rolling pin to make a tortilla.
3. Cook the tortillas on a hot non-stick pan 30 seconds on one side, 1 minute on the flip side, and then 30 seconds back on other side. Repeat for each tortilla.