08 Aug What Not To Do When You Have Acne
Posted at 20:59h in Skin Care
- Never squeeze your acne. This’ll create inflammation while making your acne more active because you’re spreading it under your skin.
- Stress is a major trigger for acne, so live in the moment, meditate, chill, and exercise regularly.
- Drugs and smoking can trigger acne. Have you ever met a smoker with nice skin or a drug addict with a glowing complexion? Exactly.
- Junk food, processed foods, caffeine, and sugars can all lead to acne. Stop putting that crap in your body.
- Avoid over-cleaning your face. This will affect the skin’s protective barrier and it’ll most likely cause more irritation.
- Your environment can trigger acne, like in kitchens or in really humid climates.
I recommend using products containing salicylic acid. Don’t use too many different products at once, but try one good quality face wash, followed by a toner and a lotion containing salicylic acid.